Beauty In Lagos

First for all things Beauty, in Lagos!

ad

Thursday 19 April 2012

Hair Magic! - Organic Root Stimulator (ORS) Edge Control

You guys that follow me on twitter would remember I tweeted about this and said I'll do a post on it well..... here it is!



This little 'tub of wonder' has been nothing but amazing for me. I first came across it at Blush salon, the stylists use it to tidy up your edges once they are done. My girls from the States are very familiar with it, seems like it's more popular Stateside or something, cos I never heard of it up until at Blush. But anyways this product does all it says on the tin!



The directions on the back should be followed exactly. I find that this product works better when applied with your fingers. I've tried using a little brush/toothbrush to apply and smooth it down and it doesn't work as well as I'd like.



It's a clear solid product in the tub, tried to capture it in this shot but I think I failed lol. I believe why this product works much better when applied with the fingers is because the heat from them while working it in melts it and makes it much easier to apply.



It doesn't smell like most hair 'jam' on the market these days, this has got a 'sweet' scent to it. I'm crap at describing scents, but just know this smells quite good. I have used this EVERY morning since I got it, which was about a month ago or so.

PRICE

I bought mine from Shoprite at the Palms Shopping Mall, N699

It's also sold at Blush Beauty Store (Blush Salon's store), N1200


Also before I bought this brand of Edge Control, I bought a different one by Syntonics which works just as good. If you want me to do a review of that as well just let me know and I will. Just incase you have a hard time getting your hands on the ORS one in lagos :)

What other Edge Control-type products are out there?

Laters,

Ez xxX
Share:

10 comments

  1. i have both Olive oil edge control and Palmers edge control, the Palmers holds my hair down better (natural edges). tried using the olive oil but it didn't work for me, my hair will just not go down

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Never heard of the Palmers one. Had someone on twitter ask if the Olive Oil one was any good for natural/unprocessed hair and I didn't have a clue. I'd be sure to tell her to try Palmers. Thanks so much for sharing!x

      Delete
  2. hey u know jamaican black castor oil helps with edges/thinning hair? it thickens the hair up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really???? I need to get my hands on that. Hopefully it's available in Lagos

      Delete
  3. So glued to your blog. Thank for sharing. Just asked for vanity oils price list. Please review the other one.....need to do something to my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, thanks for reading! :). Ok I'll be sure to do a post on the Syntonics one ASAP x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It works well on natural hair. I have super thick natural hair and I use it for my edges. I usually apply castor oil on my edges before using ORS edge control and it stays for the whole day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i went out to buy this at walgreens today,doesnt work

    ReplyDelete
  7. Usually order my JBCO from Hair City in Lagos. She ships to all locations within Nigeria. You can place an order by sending a mail to: todaysnaira@hotmail.com

    Since I started using JBO, my hair has grown from shoulder length to arm pit length which seemed impossible 6 months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used this edge control Buh wen I sweat, it melts and drips down. And wen it does that it melts my makeup. I tend to sweat a lot wen I use this product. Any suggestions pls

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! :)

© Beauty In Lagos | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig