Beauty In Lagos

First for all things Beauty, in Lagos!

ad

Thursday 1 August 2013

LAGOS MAKEUP FAIR 2 - HAUL


Hiya Everyone!! Hope you are all well.

Just wanted to share with you guys items I picked up at the fair. I didn't go too crazy for once. lol


This was all I got! See, I exercised self-control *pats self on back*



This stand I made a bee-line for, as soon as I got into the venue I started looking around for them. I discovered them on Instagram (@devapetals) and I knew immediately what I wanted to get.


Deva Petals Head2Toe Body Butter in Almond Milk - N4000
It's made from 100% raw sheabutter and  has got some fragrance and oils added in. They had a variety of body-butters on display, I went for 'Almond Milk'. This has replaced my moisturizer, it is so soft, melts right into the skin and leaves mine feeling hydrated all day long. I love the scent, at first, it can be a little overpowering but it fades after 3-4mins. I will be repurchasing this, as soon as I figure out how to, as this company is based in Abuja.


Milani Blushes - N800 each
I did a little jig when I saw these Milani items on display! I have been meaning to get my paws on their blushers. One of my absolute FAVOURITE Youtubers, Nicole, has a video up of how she stores her makeup and there was a drawer she opened that was packed full of Milani blushes. And I thought 'ooh the packaging looks soo good, I need it!' Yup, it was the packaging that got me *hangs head*. Oh and if Nicole likes them that much, then they must be good! So I picked up some blushes




All have got really good pigmentation! Been using them the past few weeks, and I haven't got any complaints :). I got this from the Makeup Maven stand




You KNOW I cannot go to LMUF and not stop by the stand that had my heart at the last Fair, Gifty's Daughter. They were there in all their fully-stocked-NYX-stand glory!! I only picked up two items and got a free gift! :)


I picked up another Jumbo Eye Pencil. This one is 'Mocha'. I honestly love these jumbo pencils from NYX, they act as a really great base for my eyeshadows and make them just pop! I took extra caution this time, didn't want to have a repeat of last year. Oh, little update on that, I threw those away :(



I picked this up because I'd been after a synthetic brush for quite some time. I will use this to blend my eyeshadow primers and any cream-based eye product, as synthetic brushes are best for applying those. This is double-ended, so I get even more use out of it.



I got this as a gift!! They are called Shadow Shields and are used to protect your under-eye area from eyeshadow fallout.



You know when you use some loose pigment shadows, or even pressed eyeshadows, and the flyaway bits just sit under your eye. These will help to catch them, and you simply just peel them off when you're done.


I am yet to use mine and will let you know how I get on once I do :)



E.L.F. Studio 11 Piece Brush Collection - N6500

 Now, I have been meaning to try out some brushes from E.L.F. and I immediately jumped at these when I saw them.



Good New, there's 11 brushes in the set. Bad News is, I do not for the life of me remember what stand I picked this up from. I think I got the lady's card and I will look around for it and update this post when I find it.


So that's it! All the stuff I got from LMUF2. This year's was so much bigger than the last and the venue was really well-ventilated and spacious. My only regret was I didn't get to spend enough time as I wanted to wandering around, because I brought my friend along and she had an engagement to get back to on the island, so we had to leave a little early. But it was so much fun nonetheless, got to meet a few bloggers too!

Speak to you all soon!

Laters,

Ez xxX
Share:

6 comments

  1. so nice to see a new post from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey , do you know the abuja address to the company that makes the body butter ?

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pls how can I locate d makeup maven people? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had a Milani blush for the longest time and I never really used it. Always used MAC blushes instead. But thanks to this post, I have a whole new appreciation for it! Absolutely love the pigmentation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any update on the ELF brushes? And how much did it cost?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! :)

© Beauty In Lagos | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig