Beauty In Lagos

First for all things Beauty, in Lagos!

ad

Saturday 14 April 2012

SLEEK COSMETICS COMPETITION: The UP 'DO




Hi everyone! So the competition continues and the topic for this post is 'The Up Do'. I am currently on a mission to get my hair nice and healthy, and one of the things I hope to achieve is a top bun. No really, I feel like I would've attained my ultimate hair goal if I can get my natural hair into a nice lush top bun. My really good friend and I started this journey together and she's got a top bun going already, I'm a slave to weave and extensions so I HARDLY ever rock just my regular hair lol. But I am making progress, my stylist, Lawrence, and I are in this together lol, he said I should be there in 6months if we carry on with what we're doing...... Winning!. Anyway enough of my rambling, on to the post....



What I have decided to do is talk you guys through my top 3 Up Do's and then let you in on a little secret. Well, it's not exactly a secret, seeing as it is readily available and sold EVERYWHERE, but you never know, one of you guys might be hearing about it for the first time.

On to my Countdown

The Messy Bun


www.messyhairstyles.blogspot.com

The effortless Messy Bun. The name says it all really.. Messy. I usually rock this when I have to run errands, or just cannot be bothered to fiddle with any 'heat' instruments aka Curling or Flat irons. You would typically need a few bobby-pins in there to keep all the stray hair in place, but I usually just let everything hang out... It's supposed to be messy.

www.messyhairstyles.blogspot.com


Lauren Conrad is like the QUEEN of the messy bun, and she rocks it well. I loved her on 'The Hills'

I always love to see the messy bun rocked with a brown smokey eye, lashes and peach lips. Lush.

The Chignon



Now I discovered whilst doing some googling that this hairstyle dates back to ancient Greeks and not just the ladies rocked this, the MEN as well. Weird.


http://www.coolhairstyles.info/

 I love this when I want like an elegant, 'clean' look. Some heavy black liquid/gel liner, several coats of mascara/falsies and a red lip! I dieeee for this look. It's soooo sophisticated.


The Top Knot/Bun
My 'hair' goal. I know I'll get there. Now, some people say not everyone can pull off a top knot. And I have to say, I agree. Even I'm not 100% I'd be able to pull it off, but I'll see.

www.meek-n-mild.com
I LOVE Shirley's (from Meek-N-Mild) top bun. And she even made a youtube tut on how to get this look. it's so simple and easy, literally less than 5mins. You can watch it here: Shirley's Top Bun


The Little 'Secret'

www.fabulouspastanotincluded.blogspot.com

Tada! Not exactly a secret right? This doughnut-shaped contraption is called a 'Bun-Maker'. It's really easy to use.

www.princess6.wordpress.com


All you need to do is get your hair in a ponytail. It can be a low, middle or high-ponytail; whatever floats your boat. And then you pass the ponytail through the middle of the bun-maker and just wrap your hair around it and hold everything in place with bobby-pins. Easy-peasy! :)


So I hope you guys enjoyed this post, don't forget the competition's still on! So vote vote vote!!


PLEASE Don't forget to Text ‘vote’ and 'BeautyInLagos' to 33382 now. Each voter gets 30% off any Sleek Hair purchase at the Sleek Studio V.I. shop 64B Anifowoshe Street (off Adeola Odeku). Just visit the Sleek Studio in V.I, show your text and get your discount. The poll closes at 6.00pm on the 1st of May 2012. 


Thanks!!


Ez xxX
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! :)

© Beauty In Lagos | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig