Beauty In Lagos

First for all things Beauty, in Lagos!

ad

Friday 20 January 2012

PERSONAL TIPS: Eye Make-Up Remover

One thing I was always concerned about was getting my makeup off. Yeah, there's all sorts of fancy makeup removers Shu Uemura, MAC wipes, Bobby Brown, but are they readily/easily available in Lagos? NO!

Foundation is pretty easy to get off, I mean wash your face and it's all gone... But eye makeup, now that is a different story... Throw in waterproof mascara and you have a situation!

During one of my numerous blog-surfing days, something hit me! Nearly all eye makeup removers are oil-based, unless they are specially formulated for sensitive skin or something. So I thought, why not just use a 'baby-oil and baby-wipe' combination to get my eye makeup off. Why baby stuff? I always say, if it's kind enough for BABIES skin, who the HELL am I to think it won't be perfect for mine.


Tada!!! Introducing my self-combined eye makeup remover!



Any old baby wipe would do, but brands like Johnson's and Pampers I'd recommend.



For the baby-oil I usually go with anyone. But one thing YOU MUST CHECK FOR is, make sure it's ok if some oil gets into your eyes, cos um... it would



Luckily for me, mine states it can be used as an eye makeup remover ^_^. Please always read the back. The Cussons one I had before clearly stated 'Avoid getting in contact with eyes'. So please make sure you check for this.



HOW TO USE



Take out a baby-wipe sheet from the pack, pour some baby oil unto it and apply to ur eyes. For me, it gets EVERYTHING off! If you've got waterproof Mascara on, use lots more baby-oil.

Baby wipes and Oil are typically sold in supermarkets and pharmacies all around Lagos. I got mine from Ebeano beauty-department.

Wipes: N350 (apprx)
Baby Oil: N150 (apprx)

Please please please let me know if you try this out. I'd really like to know how you get on!

Has anyone got any other makeup removal tips? 
Please share!

Laters!
Ez xxX
Share:

18 comments

  1. Ooh great post!I actually use Olive Oil and a cotton pad and it works amazingly well.I have also found that it has made my eyelashes longer!I looked online and apparently the oil 'nourishes' your lashes thereby improving growth. And its super cheap and very readily available.So it is a winner for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Nick Chu, Olive Oil! I love the sound of that! Something that can get my eye makeup off AND grow my lashes! Sounds interesting... Definitely going to pick up some Olive Oil soon! Thanks for sharing that! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post. my eye makeup (eyeliner mostly) is always so hard to clean off.
    def gonna try it.
    :)
    xxxx
    Onyinye fafi obi

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Onyinye fafi obi, You wont believe how easily your eyeliner would glide off. Make sure to wash your face with your regular facewash after! Let me know how you get on.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im gonnnnna try itttttt! Im queen of left over eyeliner from the night before!!!!

    If this work i owe u a big cyber hug!!!!

    Quick question forr Nick Chu..... Wat type of olive oil..pls brand name :) ????

    Love,

    Ure #1 fan!!!! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there!

    I use a brand called Goya extra virgin olive oil mainly because it is very easily available in Nigeria, its pretty cheap (850 naira for a small bottle that lasts for ages) AND its unprocessed so it has all the good stuff in it.

    Hope this helps love!

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Nick Chu Thanks a lot Love. Had a reader ask me what sort of Olive Oil to get. She was in Ebeano and I told her to buy virgin olive oil and she got the Goya extra virgin olive oil! Thank God! Haha...xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. yea if my eye had swollen... i know where u live ez face!!!! *meanmuggin face*..lol.

    it worked perfectly... one wipe my eye linner was off!! Now im waiting for growth..lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah!! Mo u're silly. Thank God u got the Goya aye? Make sure u come back on here to let us know how u get on with the 'lash growth'

      Delete
  9. Yes I use olive oil,coconut oil,baby oil and sometimes melted Shea butter with cotton wool and it works well and also grows eyelashes as previously mentioned in the comments here.....:) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh! Coconut oil, been wondering where I could buy a bottle of that. . Do u buy yours in Lagos? And if you do, where?
      Thanks for sharing! Xxx

      Delete
  10. Coconut oil is sold at Lagos local Markets guessing that's Lagos island/balogun Market.never bought myself, but i ask the maid to buy if she's going there.I will try and find out where exactly and get back to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh!! That'll be great! Thanks a lot! Xxx

      Delete
  11. hi there! so i asked about it...i hear the markets sell the best and original ones.no processing...even indians go to the markets to get it,since they use it to cook their foods..
    uhm closest to the Island is Sangrouse market(sp?).. its not too far from Dolphin estate. its sold there and u dont need to go into the market and get all dirty and stuff, its sold like on the roadside of the market.the local name is IDIAGBON,incase u call it coconut oil and they have blank faces.lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i use olive oil on a makeup wipe. works like a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our virgin coconut oil has been working wonders so far according to testimonies from our customers.
    I will advise you use coconut oil everyday for a month and you will be surprised.
    We are a Virgin Coconut Oil company based in Badagry, Lagos.
    If you will like to order, Call 07026015480 or send us a mail sebasicoconutltd @ gmail . Com
    We deliver to anywhere in Naija
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our virgin coconut oil has been working wonders so far according to testimonies from our customers.
    I will advise you use coconut oil everyday for a month and you will be surprised.
    We are a Virgin Coconut Oil company based in Badagry, Lagos.
    If you will like to order, Call 07026015480 or send us a mail sebasicoconutltd @ gmail . Com
    We deliver to anywhere in Naija
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do u hv any work in shop in lagos I can buy from

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! :)

© Beauty In Lagos | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig