Beauty In Lagos

First for all things Beauty, in Lagos!

ad

Wednesday 31 December 2014

COUNTDOWN | TOP 10 2014 LAGOS DISCOVERIES - Part 2

Hello!

Welcome to the 365th day of 2014! INSANE!!

So, carrying on from yesterday's post (which you can read here), here's my top 4 discoveries this year.



5.) HAIRVEN HAIR CARE PRODUCTS




I am a little disappointed I hadn't bothered to try these out sooner, but I am happy I finally did.

Quite a few of my friends having read my review of these products, went out and bought the entire range. They did not just buy it, they actually used it as I had directed! I was truly humbled by this, because although I type these posts advising you guys use certain products a certain way, I never actually believe anyone's going to do that! It's nuts...

These products all come with instructions on the back detailing how to use them, so if you do not feel comfortable following my guidelines, please go along with Hairvens' ;). Definitely an awesome discovery which I am taking with me into 2015 and beyond!

Where to Buy

Visit their listing page on The BiL Directory and click on their website link for more details



4.) R & R LUXURY




I am still trying to figure out how they managed to get Shea to remain in a permanent 'oil' state! . Since July, when I discovered R & R Luxury, their body oil in 'Serenity' has been all I have been using exclusively as my all-over-body moisturiser. Absolutely nothing else. And these last a long time, I'd say a good 2-3 months (I had my pesky little sister using mine  along with me, so I can't tell you exactly how long it lasts. If only she would allow me be a great beauty-blogger so I can come at you guys with facts! lol). I have even got 2 brand new ones chillin' as backup and I pray they never stop making these, because I cannot imagine using anything else at this point! So thank you R& R Luxury for your body oils!

Address:
Flagship Store: 1 Niyi Okunibi Street, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Sacred Beauty: Abiola Close, Shonibare Estate, Maryland
Website: www.SheaLuxury.com



3.) SAVVY & CHIC HAIR BEAUTY HUB



One thing I always discuss with my friends is that, here in Lagos we've got quite a few hair-stylists that no how to 'lay' a weave and 'slay' your hair. But these same stylists and MORE have not got a clue how to take care of the clients' real hair. I was once sat in a salon and this customer was telling the stylist relaxing her hair about this thing her colleague mentioned called 'Moisturizing & Sealing', and asked what product could do that. This stylist goes off on an epistle, how a certain product they sell for thousands of Naira will do the job, blah blah blah. I just had to interject very politely and say that 'Moisturizing & Sealing' is just a process of moisturising your hair from root to tip with a good hair moisturizer (preferably water-based) and then sealing that moisture in using an oil or even oil-based moisturiser will do the trick in one. I just could not stand the stylists blatant ignorance and rather say she had no idea, was trying to rope the poor customer into parting with her cash.

This is why I absolutely love the Savvy & Chic salon, it is run my hair-blogger Dabs and she knows her onions when it comes to healthy hair. Every time I am around her I go straight to asking hair-related questions! If you have been after a good hair salon, I will recommend Savvy & Chic salon!

Address:
They are based on Awolowo Road, Ikoyi. But will be moving in the new year.
To stay up to date on where their new location will be,  I will suggest you follow their instagram page :@SavvyChicHairBeautyHub


2.) STELLA'S ADDICTION



I like to consider myself a bit of a personal makeup artist. And by 'personal', I mean ME, my own makeup artist. I can 'beat' my own face quite well, if I do say so myself. And because of this, I have sort of become a Makeup Artist's (MUAs) nightmare. I am that girl, who, after getting her makeup done ALWAYS goes back in with her own eyeliner, or darken the crease or waterline. I am just hardly ever 100% satisfied, until I got my makeup done by Stella of Stella's Addiction. I mean, I did STILL go over my makeup after she was done, but it was the happiest I'd ever been with an MUA in a long time. And the amount she charges for a makeover is possibly one of the cheapest out here. She starts at NGN 6,500 and then if you want extras added on, it'll cost you. For example, you want false lashes it's NGN 2000 if you haven't got your pair and NGN1000 if you do etc.

Apart from makeovers, she also grooms eyebrows by threading. Once again, thank you so much for actually taking my advice, Stella has mentioned a few times that quite a number of you have visited her studio to get your brows groomed after I published this review on the blog! I have even had a couple of you tag me on instagram! She really is a brow-whiz and if you need yours groomed please visit Stella's studio, I promise you will not regret it!

Address: 
5 Wole Ariyo Street, Off Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1.



Ok, we'll take a very short breather! 


Find out what my Number 1 is in an hour...

Laters,

Ez xxX

Share:

3 comments

  1. Wanted to try Stella's Addiction once but someone referred me to a salon to get it threaded and mehn, I still can't get over the fact that I have to put eyelash growth serum on my lashes because the lady ruined it completely. I just wish I crossed that third mainland bridge that day. I hope to try her next year

    BuzzedbyBeauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet ur no1 is R n R luxruy body oil.ilov body oils

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wish i was in Nigeria to try out all these products you mentioned.
    www.thatnigeriangirl.net

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! :)

© Beauty In Lagos | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig