Beauty In Lagos

First for all things Beauty, in Lagos!

ad

Tuesday 18 November 2014

ZARON | ECLIPSE LIPSTICK COLLECTION - My Faves & Swatches



Hey Beauty-Lovers,

Hope you've all had a great start to the week! I know you all have, because if you're reading this it means you are alive and that folks, is a great start! :)

Last month I was sent 6 shades from the new Zaron lipstick collection called 'Eclipse'. After a few weeks trying them all out I am now ready to share my honest opinion and favourite swatches with you guys.

Swatches






Faves & Reviews

The colour selection in this collection is gorgeous. There were a couple shades which I did not already have in my personal stash and they made a nice addition and these were my faves which I have swatched for you below:

ZARON LIPSTICK '01 DAWN' - N1,600*



ZARON LIPSTICK '04 FULLMOON' - N1,600*



ZARON LIPSTICK '03 SOLARIS' - N1,600*


ZARON LIPSTICK 'LUNAR' - N1,600*

So the texture of these wasn't really to my preference. I believe these are meant to be matte finish, and you all already know matte isn't my cup of tea, but there was something else about these I didn't quite like and I had a difficult time putting my finger on what it was. I know what matte lip products feel like in general, but these felt a little 'pastey' on the lips. Not sure if that's the word I'm after, but it's the best I could come up with. You will need to moisturize your lips before, not too much or else it would block off getting any product on your lips at all.

Another thing with these is, initially I can actually 'feel' them on my lips for a while, which I don't particularly like when it comes to lip products. The colour payoff is good it doesn't last as long as most would like, but I personally don't mind reapplying my lip products as and when I feel the need to, so that aspect did not bother me. Also 'Lunar' seemed to be a lot less dry than the rest for me. All in all these are decent lip products and if matte is your thing, you could try out a few shades that you haven't got in your collection.

Anyone else tried these... What did you make of them?

Laters,

Ez xxX
Share:

7 comments

  1. I have the Lunar in my personal stash and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never have thought these were matte as they look quite glossy in the pictures. Maybe it's just me....I don't like that pasty feeling either lip products that do that never last on my lips
    Your faves are my faves on you especially "dawn" and "full moon"

    www.vievebutterfly.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. They don't look matte from the pictures. Lunar looks like a good buy. Nice review...

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look sooo gorgeous though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I would go for Lunar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the Solaris shade, it doesn't suit me tho cos I'm dark, except I mix shades.. But I love the tanna shade.. Nudish amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanna is the BOMB for us dark girls. I'm in loveeee

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! :)

© Beauty In Lagos | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig