Beauty In Lagos

First for all things Beauty, in Lagos!

ad

Thursday 10 July 2014

LAGOS MAKEUP FAIR 3 - Haul

Hi Guys!

A couple of weeks ago the 3rd edition of the Lagos Makeup Fair (LMUF) was held in Ikeja, it was a 2-day event, Saturday and Sunday.

I remember my first ever LMUF, I had just started up this blog a few months prior and was so excited to attend. I remember not expecting much at all, and being blown away by all the beauty businesses and entrepreneurs we had here in Lagos, it was a real eye-opener for me. The only problem was these people had no physical location, just word-of-mouth and client-referrals. This was what spurred me on to establishing The BiL Directory years later. I want all these beauty-establishments to be found in one place so that customers can search and find whatever they are looking for in Nigeria. Because all these amazing products are available to buy out here and people just don't know they are. Unfortunately most of these businesses are 'comfortable' with their present customer-base and laid-back about expanding their reach so see no reason in being listed on a directory. Sorry to go on a tangent, but I wish I could explain the benefits of the Directory to every single potential vendor I meet, unfortunately not everyone's listening. But I have no doubt that with time, they will :)

Anyways, so this year I went along to see what new stock some staple vendors had, and also hoped to discover at least one new vendor, and I did!



I didn't really get that much stuff this time and I don't know why, I was particularly after some lash glue which I am happy I got, all the rest are kind of extras.


DEVA PETALS

First up, purchases from my beloved Deva Petals! I love this brand, all 100% natural products, and you know how I feel about those.




I usually purchase their All Over Body-Butter in 'Apple Sin' which I love! But this time I decided to try something new...



Smooth as a Baby's Bum Soap Mask - N4,500

First thing I asked, was if this soap was oil-based and the response was no. My face is still recovering from Hairfinity-Gate and I do not want anything that would aggravate it at this point. I have been using this for two weeks now and I have no complaints. It can be used as a mask or a soap, been using this as a soap and it gets my face squeaky clean and I mean 'squeaky' literally. When I rinse this off there's absolutely nothing left, some people may feel like this 'strips' their face, but I much prefer it this way. I detest any face cleanser/body wash that leaves behind a 'film' after rinsing, that's just my preference. One thing I don't like about this is the scent, it smells a lot like medicated soaps e.g. Tetmosol (remember those?). Initially, this was a bit of a problem for me, but after experiencing how it made my face feel I decided to just put up with it, and now I am so used to it I barely even notice it.



Dilke Scrub Spa Mix - N4,500

I also purchased this Dilke Scrub which I have used. The review of this needs its own post which will be up soon, so look out for that.

Now looking back, I should have purchased another jar of their All Over Body-Butter as I am now running low! But I discovered they're available to buy at Gifty's Daughter which is good for us Lagos residents!



HAUTE BEAUTY WORLD

This is a new beauty-vendor I discovered at the fair. I walked past their stand the first time and noticed they had the eyelash glue I was after, so made a note to circle back and I am glad I did. I can always sense if a vendor is worth their stuff from the products they sell. Haute BW had a selection of products that only a person that knows makeup could be behind it and their prices were the most reasonable I've seen in a while. For example their Real Techniques brushes go for N5000 per pack, everyone else's is about N6000.



I needed to re-stock my eyelash glue and this is the only brand I use. Your lashes stay on as long as you want. I've actually had a pair of lashes in all day from 12pm till about 4am the next day and my lashes were intact when I went to take them off.



Duo Striplash Adhesive 'Dark Tone' - N1.200

I usually purchase the blue-pack one which goes on white and dries clear, but the last one I had stopped drying completely clear for some reason, bare in mind I had that tube for well over 2years, so maybe it was at its 'end of life' stage, who knows. So I decided to go for this one, which goes on a dark grey and dries black so it blends perfectly with my eyeliner. I have used this twice and I don't know why I only just picked this up. Definitely a new found staple!


Duo Striplash Adhesive 'White/Clear' - N1.200


I still re-purchased this. Because it dries clear and has worked well for me over the years. Turned out I just needed to change my last one.. woops! Don't try that at home guys.





Another thing I noticed was these tubes are much smaller than my last. I didn't realize that I had the large tube and these were the more common sizes, no wonder mine lasted well over two years.



Wet n Wild Coloricon Bronzer SPF 15 'Bikini Contest' - N1000

I initially wanted to by the Cover Girl Queen Collection Ebony bronzer, but the shade they had was too dark, saw this and decided to pick it up instead









Haven't used it yet, but look how pretty it is. It's got some shimmer in it and I intend on using this to contour, not sure how that's going to happen but we'll see.

Details
Haute Beauty World
Website: www.hautebeautyworld.com.ng


TARIES WORLD

Taries Medium Eyeshadow Brush - N800


I needed a flat synthetic brush for my cream-based eye products so picked this up and it works perfectly

Details
Taries World
Website: www.tariesworld.com


So that's my little haul, I am not 100% sure about the prices as I have now lost my receipts, I am honestly the world's best beauty-blogger aren't I?

Did any of you guys attend the Fair, discover any new beauty-stores?


What did you get at the Fair?

Laters,

Ez xxX

Share:

4 comments

  1. Girl, I'd purchase some deva petals just for the jars! They're gorgeous. This my inability to apply falsies is haunting me o! Lol
    www.vievebutterfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read all these beauty haul posts, I get a Teeny weeny bit sad that I know zilch about makeup *sigh*

    www.cassiedaves.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too sad I didn't attend����������

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did attend and I was so glad I discovered Fablux wigs by Sylvia. Very affordable wigs and I had mine custom made and delivered to my office the following week for free *grin

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! :)

© Beauty In Lagos | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig