Beauty In Lagos

First for all things Beauty, in Lagos!

ad

Friday 18 July 2014

L.A GIRLS | Glazed Lip Paint - Review

Hello Loves,

First off, apologies if you happened to send me an email this week, I am completely swamped with work and haven't had time to do any BiL-related stuff. I will respond to emails over the weekend!

Alrightey, so in this post I'm going to be letting you guys in on what I think about the L.A Girls Glazed Lip Paint. I'm really loving these highly pigmented glosses that various brands have been releasing, because you know I prefer my lipsticks more moisturising as opposed to matte, so these are right up my street. I actually refer to such products as 'liquid lipsticks'.



L.A Girls Glazed Lip Paints: (L-R) 'Bomb Shell & 'Blushing'

These are the (now) infamous L.A. Girls Glazed Lip Paint, they're being touted in the beauty-blogosphere as dupes for the more pricey version by Too Faced Cosmetics. L.A Girls released 6 shades of this product: 'Blushing' - Mauve shade, 'Coy' - Purple shade, 'Hot Mess' - Orange shade, 'Bomb Shell - Hot-Pink shade, 'Baby Doll - Baby-Pink shade and 'Pin Up' - Bright Red shade. So after watching MakeupByLeina's swatches and review on youtube I decided to go for these two. I got each from different beauty-stores here in Lagos.


L.A. Girls Glazed Lip Paint 'Bomb Shell' - N1,500



This is the shade 'Bombshell'. I bought this from Stella's Addiction. Why did I get it?... It's Pink! That's the only explanation I need to give :p.



L.A. Girls Glazed Lip Paint 'Blushing' - N1,000


This shade is 'Blushing' and I got this off Haute Beauty World at their stand during LMUF3

Swatches



'Bombshell'

Look at that pigmentation! This is a bright blue-toned pink shade.



'Blushing'
This is an interesting shade, it's coming up a little bright, but in real life it is a medium mauve tone.

One thing I observed is that the tube colours are slightly different from the atual shade of the product inside. So the tube colours can be a little misleading, I'd advice checking out actual swatches online before you buy a shade you're interested in.

Review

I'd strongly recommend you apply these using a lip-brush. I did try applying it straight out the tube and it was just a little too messy for me. The applicator contributes to the messiness, as it lets a lot of product out and since it's so pigmented you only really need a little at a time, so be mindful of this. I like that it also has a cooling sensation on the lips and the staying power is also surprising for a 'glossy' product. One day I applied it at 9am in the morning and it was still on at well past 12pm. As I have mentioned before, I am not too fussed with staying power of lip-products, because I don't mind reapplying, I am more concerned with the pigmentation and this absolutely ticks that box for me. Would I recommend you buy it, absolutely! It will be a fun addition to your stash, but I don't think it's an absolute must-have. Apart from 'Blushing' all of the other shades can easily be duped, but you may have difficulty getting THAT much pigmentation in a glossy lip product.

Anyone else got this in their makeup bag... What do you think?

Laters,

Ez xxX
Share:

4 comments

  1. LIIIIIPPPSSSSS!!! They look so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you need to use lip liner with them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the swatches above, nope. But you could use lipliners if you wanted, don't see why not! xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! :)

© Beauty In Lagos | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig